Mountain View Medical Supply

Friday, April 23, 2010

Price Changes


Yesterday, one of our suppliers sent us notice of price changes. These are common in our line of work and we try to keep our prices very current and change them when they happen. I do know that some medical supply companies have a bigger margin built into their prices so they change their prices less frequently, maybe once a year.

We figure our customers benefit from our extra work because we always keep them as low as possible, but thats just us....

Anyway, I am always surprised that in a list of about 50 items, there are always one or two items that the price actually goes down. Its always a happy surprise and I sometimes wonder to myself if someone in their accounting department made a mistake.

I picture the exchange going something like this:

"Hey Bob, I think you inadvertently raised the price on this item last time."

"Oh, thanks for chatching that, Gene, I'll fix that with the next price change announcement."

I have worked in accounting, so I know first hand that is about as exciting as it gets in accounting. But I love my accountant friends, nonetheless!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment