Mountain View Medical Supply

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Keep Your Butt in the Car! And Other Tobacco Stories...

Everyone has the right to a habit. Good, bad, silly or debilitating, we all have habits. One of my pet peeves is smokers who toss their butts out the window of their car.

I cannot think of another habit that trashes our earth more than smoking. It pollutes the air, dirties our roadways, causes unnecessary fires and gives smokers one of the most deadly forms of cancer. Oh, and lets not forget about emphysema - that lovely disease that literally takes your breath away - and not in a good way.



I have worked with several tobacco chewers over the years and have had several experiences that still make my skin crawl. One co-worker always had a "pinch between his cheek and gum", and his breath was just overwhelmingly vile. I literally did not ask him for anything unless I absolutely had to. And then I always tried to make sure a desk or something was between us to get the most possible air dilution. Another time I had a co-worker who had a "spit cup" spill in a meeting. Another co-worker didnt recognize the slower, oozing of the liquid and started to help clean up. Once they realized it was someone else's spit they were handling, they promptly exited the meeting. Im pretty sure I saw a green hue on their face as they left.




I know my impulsive hair twirling is not the most professional thing to do at work, but Im pretty sure no harm is done to myself or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment