Mountain View Medical Supply

Friday, November 19, 2010

How is YOUR Holiday Shopping Coming Along?

I really do not like the holiday shopping crowds. Inevitably, in the long and slow stream of people walking the mall, someone will stop to discuss their next destination, oblivious to everyone stopped, standing and staring right at them to moooooooooove out of the way. Or, the search for a parking spot within a mile of the nearest entrance.

I tried shopping on Black Friday once. ONCE. I talked my husband into getting up at 4am and hitting the stores to score those promised deals that were waiting for us. I thought it would be fun! Boy was I wrong. First of all, ShmarSmucks was not even open at 4am! And every store we attempted to go to had a long line. These are not your average long lines, these were 5 people wide and wound around to the back shipping docks of the buildings. Now I dont know about you, but if you cant see the end of the line, then you should put the car in park and wait comfortably in your car like you were waiting for a train at a crossing. The one store we did go into had an equally long line for the checkout registers. Im sorry, but I will pay the extra $2 for that DVD.

I have learned over time to shop BEFORE Thanksgiving, or to shop only on weeknights after Thanksgiving. Never, ever, ever go to the mall on the weekends unless you simply want to do some people watching, eat a giant pretzel and get a quick massage.

Or, you can simply shop online and expand your budget with the added shipping costs. How much is your time worth?

Being that this is the last weekend before the holiday frenzy, you will probably see me at the mall, and hopefully I will be able to say "Am I done with my holiday shopping? Heck yeah!"

Let the games begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment