Mountain View Medical Supply

Friday, July 2, 2010

Freedom, the 4th of July and America

I am an American. I was born and raised in the great state of Colorado and I love my freedom! I love that every American citizen can vote and I love that the American Dream is mine for the taking!

If you havent seen the movie Primary Colors, starring John Travolta, you should rent it this weekend. The movie is based on an explosive book written anonymously, supposidly about Bill Clinton and his presidential campaign. Love him or hate him, you walk away knowing that deep in his heart, he has a true love for America and the American people.

Other countries call American's arrogant. I think that is a true statement. Personally, I dont think there is a better country than America, and I do feel kind of sorry for anyone that does not live here.

I have a (possibly unhealthy) fascination with King Henry VIII and that whole era. He led a little too much with his heart which created quite a mess between "church and state". He alone seemed to enjoy freedom while his people suffered at the hand of his romantic whims and somewhat undecided religious views. I can only imagine how that scenario would play out in modern America!

I also have a (possibly unhealthy) fascination with Elvis. He served in the military, enjoyed great success in the career he dreamed about having, had a mama who cooked wonderful American meals, and got married and divorced. You dont get more American than that, folks.

Enjoy your holiday weekend, spend time with those you care about and eat good food!

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment