Mountain View Medical Supply

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wisdom of the 40 Year Old

I am 40 years old today!

I quite enjoyed my 30's, so turning 40 is something I didnt necessarily want to happen. I have always embraced my age and its been my policy to divulge my true age when asked. It is part of who I am and I should never be ashamed!

I have repeatedly been told that the 40's are awesome! So Im going with "the 40's are the new 30's". And that means the 30's are the new 20's. And the 20's are the new teenagers. Makes sense, if you think about it.

As men age, they become more "distinguished". As women age, they become "cougars". Being distinguished sounds stuffy and boring. Being a cougar sounds WAY more fun! RAWR!

So, Im sharing my wisdom of being 40 and staying young!

TOP 5 FROZEN MEALS (all entries are less than 400 calories for those of you who have a metabolism that has been thrown-into-reverse, like mine):
SmartOnes Santa Fe Style Rice - for those days when you need a creamy, cheesy, Mexican meal with a bit of kick.
Lean Cuisine Lasagne with Meat Sauce - when you might be extra hungry and in the mood for Italian, this fits the bill. Best individual frozen lasagne I have found!
Lean Cuisine Spa Series Butternut Squash Ravioli - if you like squash you will love this dish - full of veggies and great flavor!
Michelina's Lean Budget Gourmet Salisbury Steak & Potatoes - best low-calorie salisbury steak I have found and cheap too (usually about $1)! When I am a bit more hungry, I bring a bag of veggies and add to this meal and its still comes in under 400 calories!
Marie Calendar Pasta al Dente Beef Bolognese Rigatoni - has it all - tasty beef, pasta, sauce and veggies.
HONORABLE MENTION: SmartOnes Stone Fired Pizza - best taste hands down, with a crisp crust, nice sauce and tasty toppings! I prefer pepperoni.

TOP 5 FUNNY MOVIES (disclaimer: I have been told I have a quirky sense of humor, so watch at your own risk) (disclaimer, continued: pretty much ALL of these must be watched multiple times to get the full-funny-effect):
The Coneheads - starring Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtin. Martians living on earth, trying to blend in and raise a family the American way. 1993
To Wong Fu, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar - starring Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze and John Lequizamo - all dressed in drag and stranded in a small Nebraska town. 1995
Mars Attacks - starring Jack Nicholson, Glenn Close and Annette Benning. Martians with a cruel sense of humor! 1996
Joe Dirt - starring David Spade and Dennis Miller. A nod to the 80's, so I couldnt resist! Plus the soundtrack was FUN! 2001
Patch Adams - starring Robin Williams, Daniel London and Monica Potter. A 70's medical student who treats patients illegally with humor. 1998
Monsters, Inc. - Starring John Goodman and Billy Crystal. I love animation movies for kids that ensure the parents are also entertained! 2001
HONORABLE MENTION: Toy Story and Shrek - both fulfilled the parent entertainment requisite for an animated kid movie!

You now have quick, cheap, butt-friendly dinners and movies to make you laugh - The secret to staying young!

No comments:

Post a Comment