Mountain View Medical Supply

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

End of Summer Project

The end of summer is near. And I am not ready! I find myself pausing to listen to crickets chirp at night, watching the sun set more often and basking in the warmth of the season, knowing a chill will soon be here.

In an effort to prolong, and simply enjoy the rest of the summer season, I have decided to get outside and do something every day for the rest of August and all of September. I am going to squeeze every last ounce out of summer that I can!





I captured this sunset two days ago. This lake is hidden from our house and I don't normally walk around it because the bugs are bountiful. I just happened to walk over and boy was I glad I did! Isn't it beautiful?

Last night on my walk, I heard an owl in a neighborhood tree. A mother brought two little girls out to see the owl, and they giggled with delight each time he hooted. Although they didn't seem to actually see the owl, it was a sweet moment to witness.

I'm hoping to get some sort of physical benefit from getting out each day, but its my soul that is benefiting the most. I'm amazed at the things I would have missed had I chose to stay in and watch TV, or fold laundry, or read a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment