Mountain View Medical Supply

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Eyes Have It

I have worn glasses since I was about 9 years old. Well, let me clarify. I have HAD glasses since the age of 9, but I didnt really wear them. The only time I wore glasses was when I sat down in the chair to get my school picture taken. Then, I would take them off until next year. This way, my parents thought I did, in fact wear my glasses at school - it was worth the occassional comment from a classmate saying "I didnt know you wore glasses". When I was about 14 years old I was told I could get contacts. FINALLY! But then the doctor nixed that. I cried and cried all the way home because he didnt think I was "mature enough". Whatever. The following year, I went to the eye doctor prepared for ANY rebuttle - and I got my contacts!

Can I just say, had my parents known how little I could see, they would have been astounded. The day I got contacts, I literally sat looking out the window for hours marveling at how clear everything was.

I am blind as a bat at the age of 40. But I have BOTH contacts and glasses - the glasses are only so I can give my eyes a break on occassional Sunday's and for reading while in bed at night.

Appreciate your sight, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment